Resources on Person-Centered Care during COVID-19
Tools and resources from Planetree International and Language of Caring to help healthcare leaders continue to provide person-centered care in the midst of the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Support for the Family Presence Guidelines
Person-Centered Care Certification in a Post-COVID World
Planetree Certification COVID Considerations Document (added September 10, 2020) — A companion document to the Person-Centered Care Certification Process Manual. This document explores how the Certification program criteria apply in the midst — and aftermath — of the COVID-19 pandemic. This document should be used in conjunction with the process manual. It does not replace the guidance provided in that more comprehensive program guide.
Planetree Certification: An Operational Framework for Staying the Course in Person-Centered Care During Turbulent Times (November 19, 2020). COVID-19 and person-centered care is not an “either-or proposition.” Learn how the Person Centered Care Certification Program can guide your organizations through COVID-19 recovery, resetting and reimagining what a more a person centered healthcare landscape looks like in the aftermath of the pandemic.
Visible Person-Centered Leadership During A Crisis (July 30, 2020). A one-hour virtual roundtable discussion with senior healthcare executives reflecting on the experience of leading through crisis.
Preserving Family Presence During Challenging Times: Principles and Practical Strategies (June 16, 2020). An in-depth look into the Person-Centered Guidelines for Preserving Family Presence In Challenging Times, including how leaders at three organizations have implemented balanced approaches to safe, responsible and compassionate family presence.
Going the Extra Mile to Care for our Caregivers (May 28th, 2020). Hear leaders of four different healthcare organizations discuss their different strategies for taking care of their staff and caregivers during COVID-19.
Let’s Talk About Person-Centered Care During Pandemics (March 18th, 2020). Hear leaders from Planetree International and Language of Caring address your concerns and questions about how to maintain a person-centered culture in the midst of the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Newly Added Resources:
Resources from the American Nurses Foundation’s Well-Being Initiative:
Free tools and resources designed to support caregivers’ mental health and well-being:
- A Going Home Checklist and Arriving Home Safely Tool to support nurses’ and other caregivers’ transitions from the end of a stressful workday to home where they can rest and recover
- Nurses Together, peer-to-peer video chats for nurses in a safe space to talk openly about self-care and wellness, recovery and resilience, care dilemmas, bereavement and more. Calls are facilitated by a nurse to ensure the discussion remains respectful and supportive.
- The Happy app, adapted especially for nurses who want to talk one-on-one with a supportive person. Nurses have 24/7, one-on-one access to Support Giver team members
- The Moodfit app allows nurses to set personal goals related to wellness (like expressing gratitude, exercise, nutrition, sleep, mindfulness) and set up activity reminders around their schedule, and if they desire, track their mood and progress
- Narrative Expressive Writing is a five-week guided narrative writing program to help nurses process their experiences during the pandemic. Each week, nurses get a prompt on topic for their writing as well as individualized feedback on what they have written.
- Nurses’ Guide to Mental Health Support Services: an informative guide to help nurses understand when and how to access social and peer support, as well as mental health services and treatment
French Language Resources:
- Helpful Pandemic Support Tools Out of Quebec
- Lignes directrices pour maintenir la présence des proches /Guidelines for Preserving Family Presence
- Maintenir la presence des proches en période de pandémie webinar recording
- Webinar Slide Deck
- Être centré sur la personne en télémédecine Person-Centered Telemedicine(June 16, 2020)
- Directives du Gouvernement du Québec concernant la présence des proches en milieu hospitalier / Quebec’s government new instructions regarding the presence of close ones in hospitals(June 15, 2020)
- Directives du Gouvernement du Québec concernant la présence des proches en situation de fin de vie ou en soins palliatifs / Quebec’s government new instructions regarding the presence of close ones in palliative care as well as end of life situations(June 15, 2020)
- Stratégie en 5 points pour conserver des liens avec les personnes hospitalisées / 5-point strategy to improve connection with hospitalized close ones (April 26, 2020)
- EPICES pour les annonces de mauvaises nouvelles / SPICES to announce bad news (April 21, 2020)
- Soutenir les familles qui prennent soin de leur proches en temps de covid / Supporting families caring for their loved ones in times of COVID(April 21, 2020)
- Carte pour trouver le calme dans la tempête /A Roadmap to finding calm amid coronavirus anxiety (April 12, 2020)
- Soutien par les pairs en temps difficile / Peer support in difficult times(April 12, 2020)
- Exercice d’autocompassion pour traverser les périodes difficiles / Autocompassion exercice to help go through difficult times(April 12, 2020)
- Communiquer avec bienveillance, même en télétravail / Communicate with compassion even when working remotely
From the Planetree Community: Care for the Caregiver Resources: