Planetree Welcomes New Members of the Board of Directors and Designation Committee
The Planetree Board of Directors is an international group of healthcare executives, patient/family partners and innovative thinkers from a variety of industries who provide strategic direction and oversight of Planetree. In February, Planetree was pleased to welcome three new members to the board:
- Jim Atty, FACHE, Chief Executive Officer of Waverly Health Center, a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital
- Jason Jones, Vice President of Patient Experience at Laser Spine Institute, a national network of state-of-the-art, outpatient surgery centers that specialize in minimally invasive spine procedures. In 2015, its Philadelphia location was the first ambulatory surgery center in the world to achieve Planetree Designation.
- Anne Rooney, a healthcare executive with more than 20 years in global consulting and management, including serving as Vice President of Global Consulting for Joint Commission Resources (JCR) and Joint Commission International (JCI), a not-for-profit and wholly-controlled subsidiary of The Joint Commission, the largest and oldest healthcare accrediting body in the world.
Among the responsibilities of the Planetree Board of Directors is to appoint members to the Planetree Designation Committee, an international group of healthcare executives and practitioners from across the continuum of care, leading experts in healthcare quality and patient and family partners, that oversees Planetree’s activities with respects to the Patient-Centered Designation Program. To date in 2016, three new committee members have been appointed to serve a three year term:
- New Board Member, Jim Atty
- Maria De Pena-Nowak, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Westchester Division
- Christina Gunther-Murphy, Executive Director at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) overseeing IHI’s Person- and Family-Centered Care Focus Area