Planetree is an experience. Planetree+ features innovative ways to bring that experience to a wider audience. Including learning journeys, the Planetree International Conference and the Planetree Speakers Bureau, these experiences will inform, inspire, and most importantly, activate health care professionals to chart their next steps to patient-centered care.
Planetree hosts customized learning journeys to provide international health care leaders the opportunity to experience Planetree’s patient-centered philosophy in action, and to connect with clinical and administrative leaders in person. These interactive events include presentations from Planetree leaders, along with executives from Planetree hospitals who have transformed their cultures and health care delivery operations to personalize, humanize and demystify the care experience. Tours showcase extraordinary healing environments in a variety of health care settings—acute care, long-term care and behavioral health.
Benefits of a first-hand experience
• In-depth presentation tailored to your organization’s learning goals, detailing the Planetree model of patient-centered including evidence-based and experience-based data and outcomes.
• Opportunity to have face-to-face dialogue with fellow executives, nurses, doctors and frontline staff who are passionate about patient-centered care and can share innovative ideas as well as testimonials about the positive impact on patients, families and staff.
• Learning journeys may be one day or several days to include multiple locations.
• Planetree will coordinate meals and transportation to each tour location.
Planetree Annual Conference
The Planetree Annual Conference is the longest running, most successful educational event for healthcare professionals who strive to create culture change and deliver healthcare that puts the needs of the patients first. Over the past 5 years the conference has grown close to 15% annually, attracting 1,400 participants this past year. Attendees
across the continuum from large urban systems to small critical access hospitals and long term care communities attend the Planetree Conference. Our global presence with countries ranging from the Netherlands to Japan, as well as some of the most largest and innovative healthcare systems in the U.S., come together to obtain the expertise,
tools, and support needed to transform their healthcare organizations. This unique conference offers innovative tutorials, educational breakouts, noteworthy keynote speakers, and networking time with key leaders in the field. This is where healthcare professionals come to forge new relationships, recharge and gain vital information from the best minds in healthcare.
This year’s conference takes place in Montreal, Canada from October 6th-9th. As always, the event promises to be a groundbreaking few days, bringing together the very best minds from patient-centered care, business, and beyond to provide an unrivaled experience for every participant.
The Planetree Speaker’s Bureau is a global speakers bureau representing healthcare and business professional speakers for audiences ranging from health care executives, leadership teams, nursing groups, physicians, patient and family advisers, human resources executives, industry groups (e.g. State hospital associations), facility designers, master planners, and design professionals.
Sample Presentation Topics:
- Putting Patients at the Center of Care: Lessons Learned from 35 Years of Planetree
- From Should to Could: Patient-Centered Care as a Goal that Can Be Set, Measured and Attained!
- Patient-Centered Leadership for Accountable Care
- Providing Patient-Centered Care In Sickness and In Health
- Business As Usual Is No Longer An Option. Patient-Centered Care in a New Era of Health Care (or the Business Case for Patient-Centered Care)
- Becoming an Employer of Choice
- Healing Spaces and Places
- Compassion In Action
- Patient and Family Engagement
- Grand Rounds: Patient-Directed Visitation
- Grand Rounds: Physician Empathy, Compassion and Improved Patient Outcomes
- Demystifying the Myths of Patient-Centered Care
- What Patients Want and How Your Hospital Can Deliver
- The Seven Habits of Patient-Centered Leaders
- Grand Rounds: The Seven Habits of Patient-Centered Physicians
- Grand Rounds: Building Patients’ Health Confidence
- Grand Rounds: Patient-Centered Physician Communication
- Putting Patients First: An Interactive Workshop on Designing and Implementing Patient-Centered Care
- Your Role in Patient-Centered Care
- Change Begins with You!
- Lives Well Lived—Community Life Model of Care
- Adventures in Team Development
- Immersion Leadership: Creating Community
- Essential Steps in Creating a Community Based Patient Partnership Council
- Strength Based Supervision