Patient-Centered Lean® Practitioner Training
Location: 480 Bedford Road Chappaqua, NY 10514
April 8-11, 2013
Get the tools you need to empower caregivers do what they do best… care.
With new reimbursement regulations, cutting waste and improving efficiency are common goals for all healthcare organizations, and finally there’s a way to achieve these goals while simultaneously enabling caregivers to improve the patient experience.
Planetree’s Patient-Centered Lean® is a unique methodology that helps health care organizations balance the competing demands of efficiency and cost reduction with the mission of providing personalized and highly-responsive care to patients and creating a nurturing work environment for staff.
Its distinctive approach integrates Planetree’s well-established patient-centered care model with Lean and Six Sigma methods and best practices, creating a method of aligning organizational strategic planning with value stream management to enhance the patient, resident, family and staff experience through improved operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- A 371- bed teaching hospital has significantly improved patients understanding of their medication regimen. Data shows that patients’ recall of new medications increased from 64% to 92% and explanation of side effects climbed from 18% to 58%.
- A 160-bed community hospital is projected to save $400,000/year while maximizing time at the bedside, significantly cut down on ED wait times, and reallocate 700 nurse hours/year to value added direct patient care time.
Lean Concepts to be covered:
1. Develop a Patient-Centered Lean Strategic Deployment Methodology
2. Develop a Patient-Centered Lean infrastructure to support improvement and sustainment of your projects
3. Learn the role of the Executive Champion, Value Stream Owner, PC Lean Facilitator and Team Members to ensure project success
4. Use True North Strategic Metrics to link improvement projects with organizational strategic goals
5. Develop your own internal Patient-Centered Lean Team practitioners to facilitate improvement projects
6. Learn to lead a service line Value Stream Analysis Event
7. Learn to lead healthcare-based Rapid Improvement Events
8. Learn the most commonly used Patient-Centered Lean approaches and tools in a healthcare-based improvement event
9. Use Patient-Centered Lean methods to improve customer experience while simultaneously improving operational efficiency and effectiveness
10. Use Patient-Centered Lean methods to implement programmatic and cultural aspects of your patient-centered care journey
11. Learn A3 Thinking to guide improvement in any project and customer experience enhancing effort
Who should attend?
All health care practitioners who want to change their workplace through process improvement in order to spend more time caring for patients and families, especially Quality Directors, Chief Nursing Officers, Directors of Operations, CEOs, Quality Managers, ED Managers, and Patient Safety Directors
Non-members, $2,500, Planetree Members, One Day of Consultation at Contract Rate
Questions? Please email Denise Samartano, email@example.com or call 203-732-1378
Monday, April 8th 12:30 – 4:30
Tuesday, April 9th 8:00 – 4:30
Wednesday, April 10th 8:00 – 4:30
Thursday, April 11th 8:00 – 4:30
PDF of the Slides:Top 5 Experiences Patients Want – A Planetree Webinar 4-3-2012 Final
January 18, 2012
“Transforming the Health care Experience for Patients and Caregivers”
Director of Communication
and Public Relations, Planetree